This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who work in environments such as construction, manufacturing, or agriculture. It is also ideal for organisations whose needs assessment identifies a requirement for additional first aid training (e.g. due to having employees with a disability or medical condition).
It gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
The course is based on theory and practical activities enabling the practice of administering first aid covering;
• Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• How to assess an incident
• How to manage an unresponsive breathing/ unbreathing casualty
• How to manage a choking casualty
• How to manage bleeding
• How to manage a casualty in shock
• How to respond to minor injuries
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) including defibrillation
• How to manage various medical emergencies
• First aid kit